Welcome to Destination Tärnö in Blekinge Archipelago!
Destination Tärnö offers overnight experiences in different forms and price ranges. Our concept is based on Sustainable Tourism.
We are located in southeast Sweden in Blekinge archipelago.
Tärnö is an island in Blekinge located in the outermost strip of sea and is the largest of the islands in the Hällaryd archipelago outside Karlshamn. The island has a nature reserve and is part of a UNESCO biosphere reserve and world heritage site. The island is an important hub in ARK56 and offers great opportunities for hiking and swimming.
Tärnö Glamping 2 person tent
What is included and location choicer
- We serve you a lovely barbecue and breakfast, if staying longer than one night, lunch is included.
- Bed linens and towels.
- Märraberget – Location on a rock face where you can enjoy the sea horizon to the east and the archipelago to the west.
- Gläntan – Here you live completely secluded, with nature and the sea as your only neighbors in a cozy forest glade right by the sea. Dog friendly option.
- Babies and younger children who share the double bed with paying adults stay for free. We do not have baby beds, but you are welcome to bring a suitable sleeping place for your baby.
Tärnö Glamping family 4 person tent
What is included and information about each tent
- We serve you with a lovely barbecue and breakfast, if staying longer than one night, lunch is included.
- Bed linens and towels included.
- Sandvik – The location of this tents offer fantastic proximity to both the nature of the archipelago and the sea.
- The Silver Treasure – This tent looks over is the sheep pasture. This tent is our newest location for summer 2023.
- Babies and younger children who share the double bed with paying adults stay for free. We do not have baby beds,
but you are welcome to bring a suitable sleeping place for your baby.
These four compact living cottages, all have sea views. Each Cottage has its own terrace with a lovely seaview. We renovated all four cottages spring 2022.
- The cabins have 2 bunkbeds, kitchenette with a refrigerator and hob.
- Private WC and shower in separate building nearby.
- Rooms: 1 + kitchenette, Area: 10 m2
- During summer we have Ice cream café nearby.
- Activities such as SUP (Stand Up Paddle) is just outside your cottage.
- Cottage #1 allows pets.
The villa was built in 1909 and has two rental apartments that can accommodate 6 people per apartment.
- Apartment Tor has a kitchen, one bedroom with 2 single beds, one living room with two single beds and one sofa bed for 2 people.
- Apartment Hjalmar has three single beds in two rooms.
- Rooms: 2 + kitchen. Area: 40 m2 .
- Both apartments have a kitchen with warm water, cooker, fridge, small freezer (40 l), microwave, oven, coffemaker and WC.
- Servicehouse with shower and extra wc is nearby.
Sea trout package (max. 3 pers.)
This unic fishing package takes place in Blekinge, where we have one of the world’s best fishing waters.
From January 1 to September 14, Trout fishing is permitted.
We will soon offer a nature experience with a guide included.
When you book here on our website, you pay by credit card. (For all cancellations we keep an administration fee of 10% of the value of the booking.)
If you change your mind and want to cancel your booking:
If you cancel later than 2 weeks before arrival: 1. Full repayment if we can find new guests for your stay (usually we can.) 2. If we for some reason can’t find new guests fur your cancelled date, due to, for example, weather conditions or late cancellation, there is no repayment.
If you need to cancel due to illness or accident:
If you need to cancel due to severe illness or accident, you receive full repayment, if you can show a doctors certificate.
If you wish to change the date or postpone your booking:
You can change the date of your booking up until 14 days before arrival at no cost, given there are free dates left to change to. If there are no vacant dates left, we can also offer to postpone the stay to next year, and book a date in advance. Contact us and we will try to solve it!
We are currently working on our booking system to offer better support to foreign visitors. As an option to the online booking system, you may send us an email telling us when you would like to stay and we will help you make the booking and sort out payment details.
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You check in at Stinas Glasscafé by the ferry dock.
-Check in starts from 3pm the day of arrival
-Check out 11am.
The reception is situated at Stinas Glasscafé which is at the dock where the ferry stops. You can leave luggage at Stinas both before checking in and after checking out.
There will be an outdoor toilet by your glamping tent for two people. The family tents have a normal toilet in a servicehouse near your tent.
We cannot serve alcoholic beverages from the restaurant to the tents, due to Swedish rules, but feel free to bring your own refreshments! You can borrow wine/champagne glasses and an ice bucket if you need. Just let us know when you check in. Drinking water is supplied in your tent, and of course you can refill the water for free at Stinas.
You can also rent various activity equipment such as stand up paddle boards and a fishingkayak with life vests included.
How to get here
There are two ways to get to Tärnö in Blekinge archipelago. You can take the ferry from Karlshamn or from Matvik.
- Ferry from Karlshamn takes about 45 minutes. Link to Schedule from Karlshamn to Tärnö.
- Ferry from Matvik takes about 30 minutes. Timetable from Matvik to Tärnö.
The name of our jetty is Tärnö Brygga.
- Train from Copenhagen Airport to Karlshamn Central Station, (2hours and 13 minutes)
- Flight to Ronneby, RNB, taxi from airport to Matvik ( 30 minutes.)
- Car From Malmö 158 km, Gothenburg 332 km, Stockholm 516 km
- Ferry Address from Matvik: Matvikshamnsvägen 390-0,
374 94 Trensum.
- Ferry Address from Karlshamn: Hamngatan 105, 374 35 Karlshamn.